Tea that’s basically called as “Chaai” in hindi is nearly 5000 years old. As per history, it was discovered in 2737 BC by Chinese Emperor Shen-Nung, and it happened tragically when some tea leaves blew into the Emperor’s pot of Boiling water. And since then, tea is widely consumed beverage in the world next to water. Tea is known to provide health benefits. Let’s discuss about it.
Health Benefits from Tea
- Tea is good for everybody. It contains mainly of antioxidants that repair cells and fend off cardiovascular diseases,cancers,osteoporosis, diabetes mellitus and other maladies.
- It appears to reduce the risk of heart problems by cutting levels of bad cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Prevents certain types of cancer.
- Theaflavins in tea are potent anti-HIV-1 compounds.They inhibit HIV-1 entry into target cells.
- Most Important, tea builds immunity and refreshes the mind.
Some Interesting Tea Facts
- There are 1500 different kinds of tea available at present, some of the major kinds are Black Tea, Green tea, White tea, Oolong Tea etc. and interesting thing is they all are derived from just one plant, ie, Camellia Sinensis
- Tea is environment friendly, an all-natural sound product from a renewable resource.
- Tea plant is evergreen and can reach a height of over 30 feet if left to grow in the wild.
- Long before the 19th century, Solid blocks of tea were used as a currency in Siberia.
Chaai and India
Although originated in China, as our history says, India is one of the major Tea producing nation that remains at 2nd position after China. In 2013, India produced 1200 million kgs of tea,of which 219 million kgs. were exported.North East India and South India remains the major tea producing regions across India. Tea has importance in traditions and rituals while to tell that, a guest in any Indian home is welcomed with a cup of tea. And not just that, right from a worker, labor to a high class businessman they are such an addict that it’s easy for them to miss out their lunch but they will find reasons to have a cup of chaai even during their tough office hours.
(Cover Pic: North Cyprus Lemon Tea, taken from Google.)
So, Do not hesitate to Share it if you find it interesting… And yeah Enjoy Drinking Tea 😉