- 13 Indian States and 2 Union territories on alert
- Thunderstorm, Squall, Hail very likely in J&K, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Punjab and Delhi
- Thunderstorm, Gusty winds very likely in UP, Bihar, W. Bengal, Odisha, Karnataka, Kerala and all North Eastern States
- Duststorm expected in Rajasthan
To sum up of the whole of weather forecast today, next 48 hours are stormy. While the extreme weather conditions are more likely to hit isolated places, the Indian Meteorological Department has listed 13 states and 2 union territories that should be worried.
IMD’s Weather Forecast Today
The IMD has suggested that thunderstorm accompanied with squall, hail, gusty winds could be seen in various parts of the country.
Specifically, thunderstorm with squall and hail should be expected in states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Punjab. Similarly, thunderstorm with squall is very likely to strike areas of Haryana, Chandigarh and the national capital, Delhi.
Moving towards the eastern part of the country, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura should see thunderstorm accompanied with gusty winds in the next twenty-four to forty-eight hours. Similar conditions shall prevail over western parts of Uttar Pradesh, and the states of Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha. The same weather condition is supposed to strike the interior parts of Karnataka and towards the southern tip of the country, Kerala. The IMD has also suggested heavy rains in the north east, excluding Sikkim.
The isolated areas of Rajasthan can expect duststorm again. Wednesday’s calamity left parts of the state devastated, costing 35 lives, while 73 lives were lost in Uttar Pradesh.
Heat wave can strike some parts of Vidarbha region in Maharashtra. Most of the central Indian regions are expected to be safe.
- Storm in North India: 124 Dead So Far, Fresh Warnings Issued
- Karnataka Elections: Manifestos Bet on Relief for Farmers